Sunday, February 21, 2010

Final Post for creating objects on Rocket World













































Hi, everyone. My name is Mina Lee and I am taking an immersive Education course at Boston College, and this is the link to our website. http://immersiveeducation.org/
Here are some images that I created on the second world and these are the final screen shots. There is another blog post that shows you all the steps and details of the progress of each object.

The first object created was the realistic marsrover. I made this object before receiving my own ID, so some part of the object had been missing when I came back to the second world. However, I took several screen shots before and after so all my works are saved, fortunately.It took me about 4 hours to create the realistic marsrover.
The second object I created was the shelter. I started with the really basic shelter and started add some objects such as trees, gardens, and ponds to make it nicer. It took me about 6 hours total ( approximately. I am not sure since i built this over and over) and I really wished there were some more textures.
The third object I created was the spacecraft for an extra credit. I finished the marsrover before everybody, so I did it for extra credit. It might sound stupid, but I didn't know how to rotate the all the objects at once first, so it took me little while to figure that out . It was really helpful to know that we could actually rotate everything at once. It took me about 2 and an half hour to create this.
The last thing I created was simple marsrover. I had to create this first, but I didn't know that it was the one that we were supposed to make. I thought the owner of the second world made them for display. And then, I figured that robot-looking subject is called the simple marsrover, and started to create it. Since i have gone through making more complicated subjects, it didn't take too long for me to finish this. It took about 30 minutes.
Those objects I created were for the Rocket Worlds, and here is the link for it.
The images are not in order, but it should be easy to figure out. There is another blog post that shows you the all the steps i made, so if you are interested in looking at those progress, please look at the other blogpost.
Thanks !

No comments:

Post a Comment