Sunday, March 28, 2010

Space Shuttle ( Google Sketchup )

For this time, I used Google Sketchup to create a space shuttle, based on the techniques I learned from those videos.
Again, here is the link to google sketchup video and downloads: http://sketchup.google.com/
and here are screenshots of my new space shuttle.

Using draw, push/pull, and rotate tools, body of space shuttle was made



Follow me tool and off set tool was helpful when trying different shapes of wings.


I used the concept of array and copy that I learned in the video to create those
three cylinders for the engines.


Again, I used push/pull tool for finishing up the engine.


I used layer and grouping tool to make windows separately
and then I drag them into the gody of the shuttle, and then ued erase tool
to clean the edges of the shuttle.





Using same concept, wheels of the shuttle were created





I made the whold space shuttle as a one group and then
rotated it in order to take better screenshots of it.




I used paint tool to add colors to my space shuttle, and
finally, my new space shuttle was created !!









I am currently taking the Immersive Education course at Boston College(MT358-Video game and virtual reality).
For more information please refer to the Immersive Education Talking Points file.

No comments:

Post a Comment